Thursday, March 17, 2011

Better Than Secret Millionaire:



Philippians 2:6-8
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
   did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
   by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
   being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
   he humbled himself
   by becoming obedient to death—
      even death on a cross! 


My husband and I have a new favorite show on ABC called Secret Millionaire In this new series, a Millionaire goes undercover, giving up their time to volunteer in some of the most broken and destitute places in America.

The Millionaire is there with the ultimate intention of finding those in need, and sharing his/her wealth with them.  It's an uplifting program, and it's a challenge to me as a believer to remember the riches that I have in Christ, and all that I have to offer those around me, though I myself may not be a millionaire monetarily.

But ultimately, this show reflected something powerful to me, particularly during this season of Lent.  It reminded me of my Savior, who chose to leave the great riches of His world to come down into mine.  My God, who- though He was God- decided to make himself nothing...just so that I could meet Him.  Just so that I could see Him.  Just so that I could have relationship with Him.

More than all the money in the world, our God has given us Himself...He stepped into our worlds in a beautiful exchange, so that He could ultimately take us to His.  Do you get that?  Have you believed?  Did you receive it?  Do you live in it?

May God remind us today of this precious gift, and may we never grow so accustomed to it that we forget that it cost Him his life...

Take a few minutes to listen to this song and reflect on the beautiful exchange of our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...